Online training: Working time: Introduction to working time law
Laws, collective agreements and works agreements are the basis for the organization of working time in the company. The core of this seminar is the presentation of the legal basis as well as the requirements of occupational health and safety with regard to the organization of working time at the company and the connection between these regulations and the requirements of the company and, above all, the interests of the workforce.
You will acquire basic legal knowledge on the subject of "working time". Terms (e.g. breaks, rest periods, overtime) are explained and the options available to the legal representatives of your interests are presented. This will give you orientation and confidence in assessing your legal options and enable you to actively use the legal instruments when introducing and implementing company working time regulations.
The training’s content in keywords:
- Overview of the basics of working time law (European law and regulations on working time law in Germany)
- Working Hours Act: Contents and definitions
- Definition of the term 'working time': Beginning and end of daily working time, overtime, extra work etc. (processing of current cases from case law).
- Aspects of occupational health and safety and company working time regulations
- Company working time arrangements (strategies, options for action and works council participation and co-determination rights, enforcement of works council legal rights)
ZielgruppeWorks council members
TeilnahmevoraussetzungenAttendance of the training course "Getting started ..."
FreistellungSection 37 Article 6 Works Constitution Act
Overview of the basics of working time law (European law and regulations on working time law in Germany)
Regulations of the Working Hours Act, content and definitions:
- Start and end of daily working time
- Rest periods, breaks, night and shift work, overtime, extra work, commuting times
- Clarification of terms (on-call duty, overtime, night work)
- Vacation law, work and service leave, taking into account statutory and collectively agreed provisions
Relationship between working time and occupational health and safety issues (overview and processing options)
Company working time arrangements (strategies, options for action and works council participation and co-determination rights, enforcement of works council legal rights)
Possible contents and key points of works agreements on working time
© ver.di Bildung + Beratung Gem. GmbH